View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 PM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
But that is just one incarnation of TMNT. I know a lot of people love the Mirage stuff, but the franchise has moved on from their "violent foundations"
It's not "just one." It's the source material. And it hasn't "moved on" from it, it's devolved into and remained baby food. Baby food that just keeps on recycling itself, over and over again.

I say...

Quote:
and even if they did a movie based on Mirage, it doesn't make it a good movie.
Nothing really guarantees a good movie. Though making a movie based on Mirage is the one stone they've left unturned. And yes, that's including the 1990 movie.

Quote:
The TMNT film franchise doesn't need grit and violence.
Not even when, you know, they're fighting other ninjas? Bizarre. So what, camp and slapstick and tons of jokey stuff as they're fighting (ala, if there were 4 Spider-Mans on a team or something), then?

Quote:
It needs reverence towards what matters, the characters, not what society thinks the Ninja Turtles are (Krang, Technodrome, Cowabunga, Bebop and Rocksteady, etc.). It needs filmmakers who treat them as actual living being with souls, and so far that has only happened once... in 1990.
Well, true there. I just don't see how what you're describing precludes in any way "grit and violence" where appropriate. They're not guidance counselors, they're ninja.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote