View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm nostalgic for anything from the 80's, 90's to about 2005 or 2006ish.

There was something magical about the early 2000's. I was still in High School back then so maybe that's it. Once we got to 2007-2008+ that's when things started getting bad.

I still remember when DVDs came out the first time, when youtube first came out in 2005, the initial rise of the internet, all the big shows in the early 2000's. I don't know what happened in the late 2000's but things went to hell around that time.
I don't miss the older days of the internet. They were interesting but GeoCities, dial up, pre-video streaming websites days and no tabs on browsers days deserve to be history for good.

2007-2008 was when I finished HS. By the time High Definition TV was already a thing, I believe? Man, looking back, VHS quality was really bad wasn't it? Hell, even DVD quality really wasn't that good.

I think the "turning point" was 2001, though. And no, it's because that was the first year of the current century we live in but it had a day which changed the world forever, which you asa New Yorker probably know better than anybody. That was when the 90s economic bubble burst for good. And some years later the world economic crisis would blow up and the effects are still being felt in Europe. Countries like Spain and Greece still have unemployment rates in the 20-25 percent area... but that's a whole different matter.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote