View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Most of the real assholes are banned/moved on. We really only have a couple of pesky trolls, and they're not out of control or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A sizable chunk of TMNT fans are assholes, yeah. I'm no exception. There's a lot of My Version Is Better Than Your Version in our fandom, I think that causes the bulk of the tension.
Yeah, the fact that this is a catch-all TMNT is part of it. You're like me, in that you enjoy most of the different iterations for what they are, so it's cool that this isn't just a Mirage/Fred Wolf/Nick board. But when people get uppity about their favorite version, it's annoying no matter what side they're on.

Unless they're hating on Bayturtles, then it's fair game. A cynical, hollow, kick in the crotch to TMNT.

But it's funny when I go to, say, a Marvel Cinematic Universe board. That's all people talk about. There's no clowns raging on about how the comics are SO much better, or how Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends is the true version of Marvel lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's not really indicative of age. The fans have been horrible even since I was a kid. At least nowadays there's far less % that actively fantasize about having sex with the Turtles.
They don't come here, but they're still out there.

I pulled up an episode of the Nick cartoon on youtube today to reference some dialogue, quicker than putting the dvd in. I found the comments to be littered with people fighting over Leo, fawning over Donnie, etc.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote