View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I just realized an interesting pattern.
Krang recalls a time where Quanin refused to think of him as his son. In this particular issue, Krang balks at Quanin being referred to as his father, but only in this one. In Utrom Empire, taking place a good while later, Krang is defensive of Quanin - calling him his father again - and thinks of the efforts to expand the empire to be a joint effort between them. So, what happened between there and now - and for Krang to develop his "I'll die fighting for my people" deathwish (womp wommmp) that vanished after Utrom Empire. Where did the "I'm waiting for Quanin to die so I can take over" plan go? He's even a little shaken by Quanin's death in the main series and specifically tells Stockman that he wants to restore his honor.

He also brings up the planet the Triceratons just conquered as a new place to "populate", which could parallel to Honeycutt saying that Utroms were relatively few in number even before Utrominion was destroyed.

Meanwhile, I'm noticing a very literal herd mentality in the Triceratons that, all things considered, really should have been paid close attention to. It seems like some extreme short-sightedness, especially on Quanin and Krang's part.

And MAN, poor Zog in the Battle Nexus.
All that rebellion just to end up losing his herd and his mind.

One thing that I wish could be developed in better detail is the "gray" area between the two. Surely there were Utroms that didn't want to treat the Triceratons so harshly (Commander Grel? Even with getting caught in the middle of rough housing?), and likewise, Triceratons that didn't want to rebel?