View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #69
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Don't forget TMNT #5 is set at Christmas! But if someone pitches a Christmas story, i'd be happy to consider it. It's not something that's really on my personal radar at the moment. But will keep it in mind!

I think in-story the explanation would be that that sample of serum is used up, or that Hob already messed up Pete's mutation too much in the initial attempt of it (unlike Slash, who was a monitored lab experiment) for the serum to be effective. I don't think we thought it was important enough to mention all of that during the story.

The real reason is that we all like Pete as he is. He provides a nice contrast to a lot of other characters.
I think too much into stories whether it be a IDW comic or a Oscar nominated film. Its a fault of mine. I assumed the real world reason but wondered how it was explained in-story and it makes sense the way you explained it. Thanks.

I do remember #5 being set at Christmas time. There was the small decorated Christmas tree in the last page, but only seemed like a reference to real time for us not really getting to the plot itself.

Looks like we might get that Christmas plot yet thanks to the writer/artistic combo punch that is Campbell.