View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #44
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sounds... about right. And I would stress, "a good amount of humor, consistent with the type and extent of humor in the Kevin & Peter issues of the Mirage series."
The humour in those comics was satirical, witty and self-referential so if they it the humour that way yeah it would be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Even serious movies can have G ratings. Look at Watership Down. A movie like that would probably be PG-13, or even R these days, but in the 70's, it was a G! Rabbits tearing each other to shreds! A seagull dropping the F-bomb, humans gassing and burying warrens with the rabbits still inside so they can use the land. A family picture!
Some of the darkest, most amazing movies have been ones for kids. If you're mentioning Watership Down as a film example I'll add Animals of Farthing Wood for TV. Den of Geek recently said in an article The Walking Dead has nothing on that cartoon series and they're not wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
How does not being gritty instantly mean full-on camp? I think you're assuming I want something childlike and I am assuming you want something like Sin City.
You've got to have a good balance without a shifting tone. The Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies managed that great.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote