View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 2 is mostly about building up the ground work from the first season while introducing new mutants most of which will become important characters for the rest of the show such as Slash, etc.

I love how this show built up the backstory of the Kraang more and more as it went on. It's as if they kept giving us new information one by one rather than dumping it all at once, and I really liked that. Learning where the mutagen came from, where Dimension X is and dimensional portals, what the Kraang were trying to do, experimenting on April with her powers, etc. I also like how the Kraang keep getting new robots/weapons/ships making them more and more powerful than before. We get new backstory for the Kraang with each arc about them and it was great to see their lore expanded.

As I said before I never cared for Dogpound's design and love Rahzar's. Had they kept Dogpound's design for the entire show that would have been boring as hell, I already got bored of his design by the end of Season 1. All the villains will of course suffer from "villain decay" where the Turtles beat them easy and easier each time, but that's expected for kids shows do it doesn't bother me. Rahzar's design is cool and I love how we got an obscure movie character like Rahzar as a permanent staple of this show.

I love the Squirrlenoids episode, it's of course a homage to the Alien movie franchise just like the Pizza Monsters ep in Season 2 of the original cartoon. Fungus Humungous is also my favorite "filler" of the series due to how hilarious it was and all the great visuals and backdrops.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote