View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #83
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Old people in the 70's looked old as hell.

For example I watched the movie Jaws from 1975 the other day. The parents of the boy (aged around 8-10) died earlier in the movie, and the parents looked like grandparents. They looked like 60 year olds, whereas in the movie they were only intended to be around 30-40 at most. And this is from a 70's movie.

I have no idea why old people looked so "old" back then. Even in the first Rocky movie, Rocky's trainer was 69 in real life at the time the movie was made and he looked like an old man. Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone himself was 69 when Creed came out in 2015....and he looks far younger at aged 69 in 2015 than his trainer Mickey looked back in Rocky 1 in 1979 who was also 69 at that time.
Well, for one thing, maybe actors and celebrities back in the 70s didn't have access to medical technology which was advanced enough to give them plastic surgery?

And let's not forget that back then, life expectancy was lower on average. Also, we still didn't know much about the dangers of tobacco and alcohol abuse like we do nowadays. Although there's still lots of smokers, and I have no idea if the people you've mentioned as examples in your post partook in that or not.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote