View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #70
ZariusTwo
Overlord

There's a theory I have that ties in to MJ's offer to Mephisto to put Peter's life "back the way it was", and that she would offer him something in return.

Now, in OMIT, MJ's offer boils down to "you will leave him alone" and Mephisto agreeing to that, saying this "did'nt happen", which is entirely Quesada's stupid attempt at making sure everything tied together without the marriage, and it's something that Alonzo has been ignoring since Mephisto hasn't been leaving Peter alone per the events of Spider-Man/Deadpool (and he even interfered in Flash's life during his stint as Venom).

The feeling I'm getting, judging from the clues left behind in "Power Play", is that the RYV Peter and MJ are in fact going to be revealed as the real ones, that right after they "vanished" at the end of OMD they were transported to a different reality and had their memories altered, but MJ was still pregnant with Annie so she still gave birth to her a few months later. MJ's offer to Mephisto was to put Peter's life back the way it was, which meant no Avenger membership, Spider-Man being an outsider again, a lot of other things.

The twist though is in RYV's world, Aunt May dies, and Peter is forced to go back on his no-kill code to defeat Venom, so there was a karmic twist to things. Peter and MJ's lives are only normal to a point, and then fate forces them to adjust to new dangers and status quoes.

616 Peter and MJ may eventually be revealed as constructs of Mephisto who only exist because they are mystically tethered to that "small part of their souls" that remember the original timeline in 616...but in reality, what if the RYV Parkers are the manifestation of that small portion? And that ultimately both halfs may have to be "merged" eventually?

As for what I'd like ported over...certainly Norman Osborn back in prominence as being in charge of SHIELD/HAMMER with the Thunderbolts and Dark Avengers in his back pocket. Also, Harry and Liz as a couple again.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-13-2016 at 11:25 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote