View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #20
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeaaaah, you would want to get a cavity filling. Cavities are no joke and you should not be taking them lightly. I narrowly avoided having a large one and only caught it because my gums were bleeding around it. The worst that could happen from an infection is that you could get sick, and that is not hyperbole. A tooth filling is basically like a knee replacement, if we want to compare that deeply. It's not even remotely cosmetic.

I've actually had three dental surgeries, but they were necessary. Mostly to keep my mouth from getting overfilled, since it's rather small, and it would have cause complications galore, even with braces in the picture.

The last one of course was my wisdom teeth, with no silly anesthesia stories. Just stumbling to the car and dropping into bed when I was able. Then I got an ear infection while I was healing. That sucked.

And again, all were pretty much medically necessary to prevent problems from surfacing.

I've had plenty of ear/mouth infections. They've brought the absolute worst pain I've experienced in my life so far. You don't shrug that off, and you don't tempt fate with it. On top of tooth removal if you really think that's the right path, you still need to take antibiotics and medications first to heal the infection AND the surgery site - with the surgery itself probably being pretty expensive. All while making the dentist very, very annoyed with your disregard for what could have been a much simpler procedure.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-06-2017 at 11:38 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote