View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 12:44 AM   #2225
sdp
-

I was so excited for the movie to come out and I loved it when I saw it, I was indeed confused when I saw the tv show ignore the movie and hated the new origin and found it stupid. It was a great time to be a fan and the movie stuff was everywhere from the summer until Christmas. I loved the suits, they looked more "powerful" than the ones from the show and more "realistic", the command center and everything else looked awesome to me except Zedd. I had no idea who the pig guy was but couldn't wait to find out in the TV show since I was sure they'd explain it there. I also thought they'd use the new sets/costumes in the show and didn't understand why they wouldn't re-use them in the show. When they talked about the "Metallic" upgrade to their suits I was sure they were talking about the movie suits and I was disappointed when I found out the truth.

To me the movie did a fantastic job in bringing PRs to the big screen, we had everything that makes PRs there. The only thing we don't have is the finishing move but I much preferred the creative kick to the groin ending. I didn't know fans didn't like the movie because it wasn't like the show, but it really was, hell I never understood how fans can prefer the awful Turbo movie. I also didn't know the movie did so poorly on theaters until I joined the fandom. I was sure that it had been a huge hit to me that was still at a high point of the fad. I know people crap on the CG, but to me the CG looked amazing, granted I was a little kid but I really don't think it's "bad" for the time. People quote Jurassic Park but even movies now fail to look as good as JP. I haven't re-watched it in a few years so I should probably do it again, but I kind of got burned on it since the only PRs DVD I had when I got back in the fandom in 2005 was this movie so I ended up watching it almost yearly for a while and got tired of it.

I still don't understand the decision to not have it be in continuity, the premise of the movie was so easy to incorporate in the show as side adventure that wasn't necessary to understand the next season. Have them use different zords or just upgraded versions of the Thunderzords to sell new toys and take them away at the end to get back to the status quo. And if it was going to be an alternate universe then they should've taken way more liberties, it was obvious the Dinosaur theme had been the most popular so why not have the zords be them and like the concept art for MMPRs2 have the Tigerzord connect to the Dino Megazord which wouldn't be a problem since the zords were CG. I mean the movie pretty much acts as a sequel to MMPRs2 with the status quo being the same and only Mordant as a new character we don't know that isn't introduced.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote