View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 03:11 AM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
September launch,correct? I am switching to RenewcYour Vows.
ASM is continuing as normal for the time being, but it will have an additional mini-series launching that will carry the bulk of the next big story, "Clone Conspiracy"

Here are my additional thoughts on RYV (taken from my Zaredit blog)

Quote:
Like with a lot of things, Marvel have the monkey's paw attached to whatever it is the fans want...you wanted a happily married Peter? Well you're getting an MJ who's going to fight crime alongside him with his daughter. You're getting The InWebbables (ok, bad pun)

It makes total sense to distinguish MJ from the MJ of the newspaper strip (who remains a normal girl caught up in a mad world and loves every bit of it) and MC2 (where MJ was a concerned, but relatively stable parent who could be a rock and mentor to her husband and daughter), and the fact this MJ is willing to gut it out and be there for her family shows how tiresome and stale the Mephistoverse version has become, and why it's time to put her and the Amazingly stupid devil dealing Spider-Man Child out to pasture.

Peter being a father works, Peter being an active superhero and a father has only been tried in a few short stories published way back in 2008 during the infancy of Brand New Day, and it was buried in a mere few pages of a large anthology magazine that didn't last too long. Now the premise has larger legs and is poised to take bolder footsteps. It's not afraid to be different or take a risk, and it should be commended for that, all manners of risk should be rewarded, succeed or fail, especially if it lines up with something the fans want to see.

Parker Industries with a family man Peter would also have been a must-buy for me, same with Superior. Things like this can be enhanced with a married Spider-Man, different kinds of stories can be told, stakes can be higher. That's what I want out of RYV, for there to be not just a great family dynamic, but the tensions and perils that can come attached to a seemingly never-ending devotion to power and responsibility. The Spider-Man myth has always been about more than just one man in the world, he owes everything to the likes of characters like MJ forging him into the best he can possibly be, and with her at his side more frequently, he can only get better.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-18-2016 at 03:37 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote