View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
How do you guys find time to even watch cartoons anymore?
This is my problem I can barely squeeze watching one show a day most days, it's rare that I get to watch more than that. Nothing against TV or video games, I loved them as a kid but I usually prefer to do other things with my time, whether it's reading or just running. Juggling time between work/freelancing/university/significant other, it's difficult.

I don't watch shows that are currently airing, I have no patience to wait week after week and also through hiatuses.

I pick a show that's finished usually and I watch through it, if I have nothing to do I can binge it but I have no problem with watching one episode a day even if it takes me two or four months to finish "one" show, since it's over there is no rush to finish it.

I don't really re-watch shows, I usually try to find something I haven't watched, for example if I"m nostalgic for a 90s cartoon I'd rather search wikipedia for a show I have never watched like say Bonkers than see Gargoyles again even if Gargoyles is a better show and even as a kid I only watched an episode or two of Bonkers since it didn't appeal to me.

When it comes to re-watching I need to let a lot of time pass so the show feels "new" again to me, if it's too recent like I only watched it 3 years ago even if it's a long time it's still "recent" in my memory. I love the DCAU but I haven't watched any of it since the last JLU dvd set came out nearly 10 years ago. I'd rather watch other DC shows I've never checked out like say Beware the Batman. Since it's been around 10 years since I last watched the DCAU I'm guessing when I do I will be delighted again.

When I'm finished with a show I usually save it as "I would like to watch this with my future son/daughter" or "I need to watch this one more time before I die", or if I really love it I think "I need to watch this at least 3 times more before I die"
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote