View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #39
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
IMO this guy didn't need to relaunch the campaign. He was getting pretty close, and Kickstarter campaigns are known for having big 1st days and big last days. On the last day, it's featured by Kickstarter again and all kinds of people pitch in to push it over. So I was pretty sure he was going to make it.

I'm also worried that some people will not re-pledge for whatever reason. So now he might lose some of us.

But, still, seems pretty likely to happen the 2nd time too! I will be right back in as soon as it's live! I wonder if the photos/names of 'donors' in the book is still a thing or if it was cut as well to reduce page count....
It's quite possible that the first campaign would have gone forward. But I the person putting this together has been working on this project for three years (though not exclusively) So seeing it not go through would have been VERY disappointing for him. When you add that to all the feedback that he received with helpful suggestions about what the fan base actually wanted (getting rid of the price guide, large format so photos could fit on a single page & the soft cover option) all of which allowed him to reduce the printing cost, it's not hard to see why he would make the changes to ensure that the project will go forward.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote