View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 07:11 AM   #26
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Ok now I am willing to go a full $50 per turtle. These actually look amazing, but how on earth is this price justified? This is insanely priced.
It's simply a different market, one that has traditionally carried a much higher price point. They aren't looking at these as toys, they are pieces of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I'm not defending it I'm just trying to understand. I have the kidrobots but I paid half or less for them by waiting for the clearance. I dunno how many kidrobot 6" were made, maybe these won't last long enough to hit clearance?
I don't know about production numbers on the 8" Bebop, Rocksteady, Shredder and Triceraton figures. But I did order full sets of both versions of the 8" Turtles from Kidrobot and both came in the original shipping cases from the factory. The markings on the cases indicated that there were 332 cases of the regular Raphael figure produced and 56 cases of the exclusive version. And each case had four figures inside. So even if that was the only production run or shipment that was produced, there were at least 1,328 of the regular figures and 224 of the exclusives. So that's a production run of at least three times what they are doing here.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote