View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 08:29 PM   #35
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
They're suffering from the WB symptom of "if things do go as planned cancel everything".

I remember reading some interview that stated that the Wolfman 2010 film was a way to see if they revived their old Monsters Universe, that clearly didn't go anywhere.

A few years later they tried again with Dracula Untold only to fail again and now with the Mummy. You'd think after failing twice to set it up they would've had a better plan.

Then again my biggest problems with the Dark Universe is that these monsters just don't work in contemporary times, I mean I give them credit for trying and think it's cool that they went in a totally new direction but it's a hard sell. If it had been a time piece set in the past it might've been easier to sway audiences to check it out.
That's what I've been saying too, man. I don't know, a mummy just doesn't seem as scary if I can put it on facebook live

and also they tried really hard to spin The Mummy as an action movie, and to me action + horror is not a great combo.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote