Thread: Teen Titans GO!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #291
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Futurama was revived like almost a decade after it was originally canceled by Fox. First they made 4 direct to DVD movies, then Comedy Central renewed the series for 52 more episodes.

Recently we also had Samurai Jack revived for a final season. And of course now Young Justice is back for Season 3.

Even more bizarre is Dragonball Super. Nobody ever believed there would be a new Dragonball series 18 years after the series and GT ended back in 1997.
Futurama's a lot like Family Guy in that there's not exactly a lot of continuity, but I still should have remembered that.

Samurai Jack I have absolutely no damn excuse not to remember, though. There we go then. There's your winner for longest gap. The rarest of beasts, a cartoon gone over a decade, with continuity - well, sort of, it was so minor it was barely there because Jack never dabbled in continuing narrative until it returned for that final season, but it had a tiny bit, mostly because the Scotsman appeared a couple times - that came back for one last hurrah.

Dragonball Super's a little surprising, I guess, but Anime works differently. Revivals like that do happen in Japan. Full Metal Panic! has a new series coming continuing the story after a long time. Gundam started getting entries in the UC Calender again after a long time where the focus was on alternate continuities and the most it got were tiny net animations as extras. I think Inuyasha had a big comeback to wrap up. It seems a bit more common over there. But then, Inuyasha and FMP, among others, are continuing narratives that never finished their stories, so that's different from DB Super, I guess.