View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 04:39 AM   #9814
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Resident Evil 7 is fantastic, I didn't play it till recently. I can't believe Resident Evil bounced back. I didn't dislike Resident Evil 6 and found it decent, but it was one of my least favorite entries in the series. RE7 was great, I haven't played the DLC yet though since it's too expensive. In many ways RE7 felt like Resident Evil 1 in first person especially with the puzzles.

I really hope Capcom shows the Resident Evil 2 remake at E3. I've been waiting since literally 2002 for RE2, my favorite in the series, to get the REmake treatment on Gamecube.
I thought Resident Evil 7 was a major disappointment. It didn't resemble the series in the slightest and the plot and characters were very meaningless to the overall story as well. I didn't find it very scary or even difficult at all, and the game becomes very linear halfway through. It honestly has a lot more in common with the newer games except it's disguised as a return to form. Enemy variety is lacking, jumpscares are presented through cinematics rather than gameplay (which defeats the point) and the gameplay is like any other generic first-person horror game. It's not even Resident Evil at this point.

The game honestly feels like more of a tech demo than a full on Resident Evil game. Like they were just testing out concepts and decided to add fluff halfway through, along with some dumb twist ending to connect it to the series just to get away with selling it. It's such a bare bones product and they still had the nerve to charge for DLC that was ready like a week after release. I used to be excited for the possibility of a REmake 2 but I have no faith in Capcom anymore. They'll probably find some way to ruin it.