View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #51
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Man I wish someone passionate and knowledgeable could one day be put in charge of making some TMNT "cartoon accurate" figures, so that they would do their research properly and care about making them ACTUALLY cartoon accurate. Seriously it is like they're just using vague memories or a random google image, and thinking that is sufficient research. Then when people complain, they're just like "lol, nerds... what's for lunch?".

And part of the problem is a lot of people who buy these are casual fans who WON'T NOTICE the inaccuracies, and will think they're great. Because they're basing their judgement off of vague memories and will just assume professional companies would do their jobs properly. So the company gets praise and profit that they don't deserve, and the people who are passionate and knowledgeable enough to notice the errors and spend time providing constructive criticism to help the companies improve the figures will be most likely ignored and/or mocked.

And of course then we come to the more laid-back "fans" online who will attack the criticisms and defend the company, saying things like they never promised they'd be 100% accurate (as though these errors were a creative choice - yeh right!), or saying people have no life if they care about the small details (no matter how amazing someone's life is it doesn't make these errors any less wrong!), or saying we should be greatful they are making anything (yeh because these companies are making them for charity?). But the simple truth is "fans" like that would be happy with almost anything.

Anyway I'm rambling, but the point I'm trying to make is that the TMNT cartoon was such a loved property, and the companies who are lucky enough to license products should show more respect to the franchise and take more responsibility in their research, or else they don't deserve to work on these things. Don't get me wrong, these Figuarts Turtles are probably the most cartoon-accurate figures we've seen so far. But due to these careless errors, they're gonna wind up just being "good" when with a few tweaks they could have been "great"! It's so frustrating...
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote