View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 01:37 PM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

Inclusion and representation is important but to expect literally everything or even just the specific things you want to, to cater specifically to you, is a bit far-fetched. And I don't just mean that last part to refer to the former. No matter what you want out of something, even if it's... like a taller Splinter, or a more violent show, they're not going to switch gears because you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
SJW BS and identity politics ruined Star Wars so keep that crap away from TMNT.
*No "SJW BS" or identity politics in the recent Star Wars movies. I'm tired of assholes labeling anything that has anything other than straight white guys in the lead as SJW sh*t. It's like you're a self-mocking parody of yourselves. SJW used to be a specific thing - the overzealous garbage that used to populate tumblr. Now it's slapped on anything that has a prominent female or black or Muslim or gay character, like those people are supposed to be ignored? I don't remember Todd McFarlane getting crapped on for Spawn or Milestone Comics being harangued for their diverse lineup. Again, just like the above part, no piece of media has to cater to you.
*Why does merely acknowledging that other people exist and have adventures piss off people so much?
*Female and "minority" leads were cool in the EU but as soon as they come to the movies, it's "ruined"? I hate nerds so much.
*Rogue One and The Last Jedi were not only the best Star Wars movies, but the only good ones ever.

God, people have so much negativity for things that don't even impact them at all.