Thread: Young Sheldon
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:05 PM   #3
mikey0
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So basically she's me back in the day, I just wouldn't ever have said it. (Would anyone actually have dared to about a cartoon character back then?) Not a show I've watched, but the kid's got good taste in Turles. lol
I can’t find the clip online yet of Missy and George Cooper watching the TMNT CBS Saturday morning cartoon, but it’s been almost forever now since clips from the classic cartoon were the standard networks.

In a sixth season episode of The Big Bang Theory, adult Sheldon sung the opening theme to the FW cartoon. Don’t quote me on this, but I believe the 1987 TMNT theme was written by Young Sheldon co-creator, Chuck Lorre. I’ve seen clips from Tiny Toon Adventures and Pee Wee’s Playhouse on Young Sheldon before, so I was expecting a TMNT reference to pop up (especially since the 2018 to 2019 was when the characters entered the 90s).

From my understanding, boys of the very early 90s wanted to be Donatello and usually had a crush on April, while girls in the very early 90s liked Raphael because he was ‘cool, but rude’. Both adults and children were all familiar with Michelangelo, so he was featured in quite a few PSAs in the very early 90s. Leonardo was the one a lot of people got wrong when they were asked to name the turtles by the headbands in 1990. Leonardo was the least liked back then, but the original action figure was always hard to find in the very early 90s.

Last edited by mikey0; 09-26-2019 at 10:14 PM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote