View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #78
ToTheNines
[sic]

You don't need to gang up on him. He's obviously having trouble understanding.

First of all, RaphaelsIsolation, I agree that it is not a sequel to the trilogy. But saying it's because of the CGI is a fallacy. The 2007 movie has prequels that are black and white comic books... different medium, same continuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So the director/writer was lying to us all, and on many occasions? He doesn't get to make those determinations?

You're a moron.
So we've had this same thread pop up a thousand times, and you always just put your hands over you ears and scream "lalalaKevinMunroelalalalaIcanthearyoulalalaKevinM unroe".

Yes, that counts for something. (Personally I think it was his lazy way of saying that these turtles have a past and you need a mild working knowledge of TMNT going in). You can file the director's saying so in the "for" side of the "for and against list". But let's talk about the "against":

- Not a single returning voice actor or attempt to mimic live action cast.

- Not a single familiar musical cue.

- Completely different aesthetic design.

- Not a single returning original character from the trilogy (Penningtons, Stern, Keno, Tatsu)

- Not titled TMNT 4.

- Clearly takes place in the mid-2000's, yet only 2-3 years have passed since the early 90's?

- Splinter has both ears.

All that right there speaks WAY more to the "writer/creator intent" than any bullcrap answer given to some IGN interviewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
Seriously? I never said it was non-canon.

It is canon... but it can't be grouped in with the live action movies... because it i s n ' t a

live a c t i o n movie..

moron what?

I never said it was non-canon. Sounds like a bunch of liberals flooding things into other's mouths.

I never said the storyline didn't include anything from the 1st 3 movies. I never said that. I never said the director was lying. I never said any of that.

What I did say t00lboy is that a CGI film shouldn't be grouped with the 1st 3 live actions movies... it is too different.

You're abrasive tone Andrew got you smacked in my post. Glad I got the "you're a moron" reply.

Proves my point... salt just sprinkled from your mouth
Now I think you're confused as to what "canon" means.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote