View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #12
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I have been intrigued by this idea for quite a while since the last 2-3 years but I dont believe we're living in a computer simulation with the "real" humans outside.

Maybe you could call a theistic viewpoint of creation to be a like a simulation with God as the simulator outside this world, as I believe, but not in the same way as most people think of simulated reality nowdays.
I think that's what I find so interesting about this question, is that if you follow any one of various lines of reasoning you can ultimately determine that it doesn't matter if we're in a simulation or not, because it seems real to us. This could be a virtual space existing within the computation capabilities of an extremely-advanced CPU or we could all be inside the dream of a vast and unknowable god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Doesn't matter to me. If we are, there isn't much I can do about it and I'm not gonna worry about something that is out of my control.
Practical. I respect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I don't think so. I don't think any being would create such an elaborate and detailed simulation just to see. Too many things in the world and universe to account for. Physical and non-physical.

I do think that aliens observe us though. I'm sure they've been on earth before many times.

There must be more than 1 alien race though. I wanna know why none have revealed themselves even if others choose to remain hidden.
That's the thing though, with computer processing speed advancing at the rate it is, we will have the technology to simulate a universe that is impossible to differentiate from our own within the next 50 years or less most likely. It's crazy to think about.

I've started to think that it's more likely that there exist and that we have been visited by extradimensional entities rather than extraterrestrial ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
We could all be a part of Blips and Chitz arcade's Roy: A Life Well Lived VR Simulator.
muthafukkin Blips and Chitz!!!!!!!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote