View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He's been trying to sell HM for several years now. No need to get too far into it, but he's been a victim of some pretty bad business practices of some of his partners.
Without naming names, could you tell me if you mean the guys who were trying to produce the new HM movie, or someone else?

And Spengs, I should not that Kevin himself said that the HM 2000 movie was terrible and he thinks no one should see it at a panel I attended at the 2012 Boston Comic Con.

One major thing I've never seen anyone mention here concerning Eastman and HM is that in the early 1990s, he was going to release a CD-ROM collection of HM, but didn't get permission from any of the creators. The discs were manufactured but never released, and the whole ordeal made Steve Bissette end his friendship with Kevin.
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.

Last edited by John Pannozzi; 01-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote