View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #48
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Why is that? I thought she was just fine. Different strokes I guess.

I was/am a big fan of Voyager in general, I liked the more self-reliant aspect of the show, the fact that most of the species they encountered were hostile and they had no backup, which really brought the "lost explorer" theme home. It felt like what the early explorations might have been like (and Enterprise tried to capture that too but wirh far less success) and the added dynamic of mixing two crews (Federation and Maquee) made for some interesting dramatic tention in the early seasons. Learning to work together and trust each other in spite of differences- exactly what a ST series should be. All the outside threats maxe it more urgent IMO.

Klingons in general have never seemed overly concerned with what others tbink of them, and Worf only worried about the honoe of his family being tarnished as being branded traitors. I think that B'lanna dealing with racism as a child and her dismissal of her Klingon heritage for the early part of the show was more indicative of her own personal experience than any issues of Klingons in the Federation as a race. It was very personal and had roots in how she was treated, where Worf was raised among humans but still fully embraced his heritage. Alexander was conflicted to a point, but more because he had little contact with his people beyond his dad and occasionally his mother when she appeared.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote