View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I got a chuckle out of this, thanks.

What are your worries? What if someone asks where all your time goes? On to the next job? Do you have excuses loaded? What do they think you do?
For those wondering I work for the NYC Department of Buildings which issues permits, construction violations, floor plans, etc for the Manhattan area. I am low on the totem pole so I just do the data entry work, the appointment scheduling for plan examiners to meet with architects and filing reps, and open PAA’s which are post approval amendments for docs for permits and floor plans and construction codes.

There are usually around 100 e-mails a day to handle this stuff and me and about 5 other people all work together. My actual “work” takes me less than a minute to handle each request, so if there are say 40 requests it would take me roughly 40 minutes if I did it all back to back. But I am lazy so I usually don’t do it all together and sprinkle it through the day.

As for if this job ends or I move on? Who knows, but it’s not like it affects me now. For the record mostly everyone else I work with has the same thing, but it just doesn’t take me long to do what I do. I literally worked for about a half hour today. I’ve been at this job since January of 2019 over a year so if I was doing something wrong I would have been long gone by now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote