View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 04:29 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I respectfully disagree, Naruto cannot be compared to Dragon Ball in any way, shape, or form. They're two totally different things. I've always disliked Dragon Ball, it's too unrealistic. I'm not saying Naruto is realistic, but the idea that pretty much all Dragon Ball characters are world destroyers disgusts me.
Dragonball isn't supposed to be realistic. It takes place on a fantasy earth with talking animals, dinosaurs, and people who can jump into the air and shoot energy beams from their hands. Akira Toriyama is a master storyteller and the original Dragonball manga became a smash hit for a reason. The anime is bogged down with filler during the fights but the manga doesn't have that problem.

Also even though everyone in Dragonball can destroy planets after a point, it doesn't really matter. Characters control their power levels so they don't accidentally blow up the planet they're on. There's actually good story telling all throughout the series and most of the main cast are likeable and enjoyable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote