View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 09:33 PM   #281
Freeman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.
I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna bite on this bait...

First, nobody cares who's the company behind as long as it is produced. Parents don't care if it's Playmates, Hasbro or Toys Pacific. Neither do kids. Despite having higher quality standards than them, neither do we as collectors so the "brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT" is worthless because beeing or not related to the turtles is out of the point.

Second, as an 'under 10 kiddie line' they've left a lot of charismatic characters out of their rooster and their quality has decreased significantly over the years. As a company they take too many shortcuts and lower the final products looks too much. As collector who also buy kids toys, we have the right to have a bad opinion about that.

Finally, despite we are free to buy NECA stuff, or even Sideshow Collectibles statues if we want, the grip Playmates unfortunately has over the 6 inch line prevents anybody else from providing quality products in this very desirable scale. And that is Playmates fault because they actually KNOW how bad their products are and how well other companies could do it, so they actually ban them from even trying. As a costumer I call that lame and unprofessional.

We wish we could forget about Playmates and only pay attention to other companies, but unfortunately we can't because they own the most popular, collectable and displayable line.