View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #286
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

That's my thought, and despite the availability of other options through various means. Even a thirty year old with a decent job who has kids, spouses, jobs, bills, etc... has trouble biting 60 dollar import figures (also unable to see them beforehand so you don't necessarily know the conditions they're in), similarly NECA options are not readily available, and you'll often be paying more than retail because a lot of us can't make it to conventions (no major conventions even remotely close to the Louisiana/Mississippi border). One other major problem with limited options and with limited venues to sell, is there will not be much character depth, you'll have four Turtles, maybe a Shredder and maybe a Foot Soldier. I bit on the Figuarts, love them, but I highly doubt that many figures apart from Shredder will be coming.

Whereas a mass retail six inch line such as a Marvel Legends releases obscure characters regularly, because they have a larger distribution field and a far friendlier cost. I guarantee you if NECA had free reign, for example, with a chance to mass market characters, a lot more characters would be released. I'd love 7 inch versions of their quarter scale Turtles (which would also allow better chances of getting other movie characters), but Playmates will not let that happen.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote