View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #27
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Rumors of an 11th season or animated Fred-Wolf movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Where'd you hear this? First time I've heard this rumor come about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred87 View Post
^^^^^ yes please give more informatiom
Well, take these with a grain of salt, but there have been a few hints of this over the internet as I searched around:

1) I was going through YouTube and came across a conversation for the episode "Divide and Conquer" Part 3 and some user named "NukeMASTAR" said:
"The makers maybe didnt know this would be the overall last episode, i heard a rumor that there was supposed to be a season 11 with krang and shredder returning as more serious villains to end the show with everybody it started with"

Another person asks where he/she found this information, and then NukeMastar said:
"Someone on the Technodrome forum mentioned it to me."

Take that for what it's worth on a YouTube person's word.
Obviously, I don't want to put up the YouTube link to prevent these forums from getting in trouble, but if you search hard enough, you'll find it.

EDIT (7/5/2013): Okay, so I found the thread and post for this Technodrome user that stated this: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...4&postcount=49
It's too bad this user isn't active, then we could have tried to find where he/she found this information for validation.

2) Interestingly out of all people , Andrew NDB's website, mentions that an animated 1997 movie was considered if you look at under "Future of the Cartoon" :

"Though the cartoon ended in 1995, a theatrical TMNT animated film was scheduled to be released in December of 1997 (right alongside the premiere of Ninja Turtles IV, which had been scheduled for release "Christmas 1997" at that point). When nothing came of that, I queried Molly Bode of Mirage Studios, and she replied: "We were hoping to come out with an animated holiday special but plans have been scraped.""

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...toon.html#1987

3) In a Renae Jacobs interview on YouTube, she says that specials, or an animated movie after the end of the series was considered:

Listen at 11:20-12:28, especially pay attention to 12:16.

"I'm not sure if Jeffery Scott knew that it was going to be the last episode, we never had a chance to meet him, and so, we all hoped, we all talked about specials, animated movies. There were other things that were talked about, but unfortunately, they never materialized." - Renae Jacobs in the YouTube clip at 12:16

4) In Michele Ivey's interview with Bill Wolf, she asks if he would have liked anything come out of the cartoon that the staff wasn't able to do:

Listen at 19:51:

"...not really, maybe a feature... I wonder if we could have made an animated feature." - Bill Wolf
He then says he spoke with a post-production manager and joked about making a Bebop and Rocksteady spinoff comedy show of sorts, but of course they wouldn't know how it would last for several episodes.

...So it seems there could have been a few pre-production ideas of an animated special, or an animated movie, and that the staff wasn't completely done with the OT at 1996's series finale; as for an 11th season... that's a bigger stretch though, but of course none of these things happened. Though it would be nice to see how the staff wanted to properly end the series from a story writing perspective.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 07-05-2013 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Found the "Technodrome User" that said the Season 11 comment & 4th hint
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote