View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #17
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
That was the point. Though it doesn't help the line's case that it feels horribly stilted and fake (like much of the dialogue from seasons 3-5) just by how it's constructed. "You killed him! He was your brother! You killed him! He was your brother!" is just repetitive and is not something Leo would say. I could see it working without the repetition but it sounds ridiculous as is.

Also doesn't help that Seth Green's delivery of "How could you do that?" almost sounds deliberately tongue-in-cheek in the most climatic moment of the show. I don't blame him, though, given that kind of dialogue, it's hard for most actors to make it sound good.
Just re-watched Owari I misread 'hyah' as 'Hiyah' when commenting on that in my other post, so dropping my comment on that. As for the repetition, placing an emphasis on what Shredder had done, also that can happen when someone is trying to take something in that they are shocked or overwhelmed with. (though Shredders desire to kill Splinter wasn't a new thing) I can accept that as grief talk but can agree they could have dropped one of the 'he was your brother' lines.

Not depending the fish face lines pointed out above
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote