Thread: Mega Man 11
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
It said a bit to me that 10 wasn't as praised as 9 was, when I thought it was the better game (or at least I liked it more of the two). The nostalgia hit had worn off by then and I think people had to take a bit better stock of everything.
That's what the hipster nostalgiacs forget -- the thing about nostalgia? It wears off.

Quote:
I like both of those games, but eight always did feel more like a weird detour than an actual evolution of the past seven, which is maybe why they let the classic series lie there for over a decade after it.
I enjoyed 7 and 8... enough to play them for a couple of hours and then completely forget about them. It was less about them feeling not like a proper evolution of the NES ones and more by that point that I was just tired of fighting the same variation of water, fire, and metal villains leading up to yet another Dr. Wily fight. Those games never bothered to grow. Then for an encore? Capcom literally makes 9 and 10 in 8-bit graphics like the first bunch. I couldn't care less about those.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-11-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote