View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord

How interesting would it be if Archie never quit?

Before it ended Sonic had a hell of a run that spread across multiple incarnations. I kinda see it in 3 stages.

We had the stage where Sonic was still having new games on the Genesis, SEGA CD, 32X, etc. They mostly went through the characters in the actual games but since the only good guys we had were Sonic and Tails, they created the Freedom Fighters and those characters would make it into the cartoons.

Then we had the no-Sonic era, where they stopped making Sonic games altogether. Instead of the comic being cancelled, they continued with new villains and heroes original to the comic. I honestly wonder how long this would have lasted if SEGA never revived the character.

Then came the Dreamcast era with the modern green eyed Sonic and the new extended cast. They even made it so Robotnik looks like the modern day Dr Eggman and insists on being called Dr Eggman. All this on top of all the characters that were already created beforehand.

So how would it have been had Archie just kept the ball rolling? Make a few new threats, they already had lots of original villains. Just keep it up til we get to 2003. I can easily see Shredder losing his armor in some epic battle, only to cone back with armor resembling the 2K3 armor. Maybe after losing Krang and the Technodrome he had to retun to human ninjas and street punks. Introduce the Battle Nexus. All that stuff, alongside the Mutanimals, Null and all the original Archie characters. How do you think it would have gone down?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote