View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #92
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't think the movie knows what it wants to be, a Miles movie? Great idea! Oh but we don't want to alienate people so let's add peter, but we don't want him to overstage Miles so let's have him be a loser and have Miles be the one who reminds him and, wait so now it's a peter redemption story? Oh let's add multiverse spidermans because that will give the movie a popularity boost but they kinda not really mesh into the story too well.

That first teaser for the movie was great, but all details after have kinda gotten me to back off. I hope the movie is great, certainly the most excited i've been for a spider-man project since Spectacular.
Can't blame you for feeling this way based off the trailers. But it would be a mistake to criticize the coherence of the the movie, itself, without having seen it.

I'd agree that the marketing and trailers seem to give the impression that this could be a jumbled failure of a juggling act, but based on viewer-impressions, I'm inclined to believe this film knows exactly what it wants to be. Guess we'll just have to decide for ourselves.

My intention isn't to rag on anybody who isn't excited for this film, it's just to stir the pot a bit and try to understand why. Obviously, everything is subjective, but as a hardcore Spidey fan, I couldn't be more excited for this film. So I'm taken aback/interested in the general negative consensus around here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote