View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #12
Chris
Mad Scientist

Very nice work! I might use some of the Tales Vol. 2 placements when I get to that in my own timeline.

Shelf there was a thread a while back with something like this, I posted a detailed WIP timeline including months/years that had the TMNT's ages in there, maybe that's the thread you were thinking of? It's very WIP, I'm covered all of Vol. 1 up to RTNY and all of Tales Vol. 1, so the dates may be revised a bit (Shadow's age in some of the Tales issues may require me to re-work a few things later on to try and make that fit with the TMNT being 12 in 1981 that was set in Tales Vol. 2 #1).

That project I'm doing in my spare time and it only covers the definately in continuity issues of Vol. 1, the 2 volumes of Tales, Vol.2 and Vol. 4, so DrSpengler has a lot of stuff on there that I won't have in mine since I don't own those issues (Turtle Soup, the Casey issues, the Usagi stuff, the small back ups from some of the early Vol. 1 issues and specials and I only have the collected books, etc)

The Turtles in Vol. 1 #1 are nearly 15. Splinter says it took them a year to reach their current size, then an undefined amount of time passed, then he trained them for 13 years.

The TMNT are 15 1/2 in the space story #4-7, then you have the Mike special. The Leo special/Vol. 1 #10 is a year later (16 1/2), then return to NY is another year after that (17 1/2). This fits with them being 15 in #1 as Leo says it's been about 3 years since #1 at that point (just over 2 1/2 years rounded up). So the "15 Years Later" story would probably actually come between #1 and #2!

Btw has it ever been confirmed exactly what is in continuity?

We know for sure all of Tales Vol. 1 and 2 as well as the 5 specials (Raph, Fugitoid, Mike, Don, Leo) all of Vol. 2 and 4.
From Vol. 1 we know for certain #1-15, 19-21, 27-29, 45-62
Other possibles are #17, 43 and probably some others like those on your list but I don't think they've ever been declared official cannon like the other issues have.
Has an official status ever been given to things like the Casey Jones: North by Downeast, Turtle Soup, Shell Shock, Challenges, the Usagi crossovers, etc? If they are then I'd better try and track them down asap!

Edit: And just to clear up one error I can see; Tales Vol.2 #2 takes place in what you would call "Vol. 3" as in a letters page Murphy said it took place in 1996 (Murphy said he couldn't remember why at that point) which places it after Vol. 2 when they have the new sewer lair.

Last edited by Chris; 04-15-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote