View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 01:24 AM   #436
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Read the whole thread, I thought this episode was awesome and easily the best episode of the series. The best part is it can easily be viewed without having to worry about the Nick show since it works perfectly as an elseworlds story without needing to know anything prior from this specific version of the turtles, just knowing the basic stuff.

I don't understand some of the complains about "what happened to..." that's not the point of the story, and overall the Nick show didn't leave that many loose ends, well Mutagen Man is a big one but they forgot about him since halfway through the second season so I wasn't expecting anything. This was not the story for that.

Like most though I hate that this is not an apocalyptic future that gets erased in the end but at least as of now it's canon. It's bittersweet and we want our heroes to have a happy ending where the world is safe. But it was so enjoyable that who cares.

If you really hate that you can imagine that Renet travels to the past and tells the turtles of the Kraang plot and they stop it preventing this. There's also that message from the shows writer that says the "tales" season can be seen as alternate universes, if that's the case then I'll definitely think of the Universal Horror monsters arc as not canon to the show. Yes that's the only Tales story I hated.

Mutagen Man is dead, you see his casing on the bottom of the pit Raph falls in. And don't think too much of Brandon's tweet, that reeks of damage control, every tale is canon and the Apocalypse is the only true ending of the show as intended by it's creator.