View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Finished the first half of season 2, going a lot faster than I thought I would which is good since I'll be fairly busy in a few weeks so I want to finish the show before then.

Does Shredder know where the turtles live? We've seen the turtles attacked at their home various times, seems odd since they've never changed the location of their lair when the enemy seems to know and also weird that if they know they don't attack more often.

The first half of the season is mostly boring, I remember liking season 2 more than one, the season opener is a bit generic but the idea of the mutagen being everywhere sets up the season just fine. The April subplot of being mad is so dumb and barely even lasted to have wasted so much time on it. Still not a fan of April at all, she's only gotten more annoying with her psychic powers.

=
I kind of liked that the foot soldiers became robots but at the same time i didn't want all the foot to be robots. The squirrels episode was really lame, I liked the similar one they had in season 1 with the wasps but here I just felt no tension eliminating the point of it, the fungus episode was that same type of show but done much better.

Seeing Chrome Drome was cool even if they just re-used Bradford's design, mutagen man was cool and tragic. Slash's origin was fine but I feel like Spike was only mutated to make fans happy since people had mentioned since the first season how spike should be mutated.

Making Dogpound into Rahzar gives me mixed feelings, I liked Rahzar but he feels weird without Tokka and also that he is a ninja since he's Bradford and such a radical change to a zombie like creature, not a fan. Especially since him being a threat didn't last too long as he was replaced by Tiger Claw not long after.

Casey Jones is such a let down, he has a different mask and he's just some punk kid, which makes no sense for him to be able to take out all these ninjas and what not. Also in his episode they finally mention where the turtles names came from, they messed up not having that since the first episode.

The midseason finale wasn't as good as I remembered but it was still fun to find out more about what's going to happen and see things change.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote