View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Some kind of meta thing would be neat, if planned out (and obviously coordinated every step of the way with Laird). Here'd be my pitch:

(and this ONLY WORKS if Laird is ready on the starting line)

IDW TMNT has some great big event. Probably a mini-series, or a 4 issue arc in the core title. Call it something, call it "BREAKTHROUGH." Basically, something is wonky with the IDW universe... like things are "glitching." They ask Renet, who tells them that there is something wrong with the Prime dimension, and it's rubbing off on all other splinter realities including their own. They travel to the Prime dimension (and dammit, don't make it black and white... Mirage TMNT is not inherently black and white, that's dumb) and find all of the Mirage Turtles are frozen in place exactly where they were at the end of TMNT Vol. 4, #32. Frozen, like frozen. Upon further investigation, they find, like, extra-dimensional parasites from some other realm (maybe the IDW version of Dimension X, since Prime doesn't have one... or maybe it's some pre-existing IDW villain) leeching off of the brains of everyone who is frozen in place. Eventually they find the villain responsible, dispense with them (I'd say kill them, but this is IDW TMNT so there will be none of that), time unfreezes for the Mirage TMNT, they shake hands with the IDW TMNT, and the Mirage TMNT offer the IDW TMNT beers to strange looks. IDW TMNT goes home, and Mirage TMNT give them thanks and props.

*end of event*

AND THEN...

The next month, Peter drops TMNT Vol. 4, #33, and releases 34, 35, 36, 37 on a bi-monthly schedule.

I think it'd be a neat little thing. Like the IDW TMNT smacked the gears and got them going again, to everyone's benefit.
Meta, but cool.

How would you feel about Savanti Romero being the villain of that?