View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #11
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Not worried about it. People seem convinced that any change at all is some kind of sign that it's crumbling... What country and culture is going to stay exactly the same forever? Of course they should change and adjust perspective as need be. I just take many issues and opposing opinions as being normal growing pains. It'll sort itself out eventually and hopefully come out better for it.
I agree with this. It’s also the reason I don’t vote or care either way who the president is. IMO 4-8 years is in no way a realistic time frame for 1 person to change society. It’s the same hyperbole every election year.

I watch that show Adam Ruins Everything and they were talking about how Hawaii was monopolized by the US and some people would prefer it go back to being it’s own area.

That is really stupid. If hypothetically a war broke out or Hawaii was attacked what would they do? No, whether you like it or not and regardless of how it historically happened you are much better off being part of the US.