View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #70
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yeah I'm with Plastron on this one. We still have wars (Middle East anyone?) and disease (resurgeance of mumps polio and others once thought wiped out), poverty (technically anyone who lives on minimum wage qualifies as in poverty), murders (which are often more gristley, or mass shootings), rapes(especially on college campuses- and so many rapes are unreported it just LOOKS like it happens less) and racism running rampant all over. We only THINK things are "so mch better" now when problems do not directly tough our own lives, but they are there.

Ethnicity.... Mine is sort of a hodge-podge of primarily Irish with German/French (grandmother's side), claims of Cherokee or Comanche from (unknown) biological father (the claims came from my uncle who SAYS he knows who my dad was and WHY my mom has always hedged on his identity), and that same uncle did a family geneology years ago that rooted out some "Black Dutch" ancestors- which I have learned means I have German/Native American GYPSY ancestors! Our Irish roots have been in the States since 1848 or so, and were traced to three brothers who came over during the Famine and spread out from New York to the midwest. We also supposedly have ties to the historical Boones and former President Reagan. And somewhere there is supposed to be a family castle from the days when my family's ancestors were landed nobility in Ulster vicinity, and there is supposed to be a clause in the deed that any member of the clan who can prove blood ancestry could claim it- after paying the back taxes and repairs of course, lol!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote