View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

As much as the AVGN is awesome it also made popular to criticize average games for cheap laughs and people like sheep now say "they suck!!11" even if they really don't.

Licensed games might not have broken ground in innovation but as long as they were decent games and it had the characters you already loved it made the game as good as a polished Nintendo game. All this without mentioning that flawed games through a kids eye will always be better than any AAA game as an adult.

But to add to the thread:

On the NES I really liked The Simpsons vs The Space Mutants, what an innovative game, especially that first level. It was hard as hell but I liked it. Same with Virtual Bart on the SNES, you had like 8 different "games" inside this game and while not all of them were winners, many of them were fun enough that I liked the game. Both of these games are usually shown off as "sh-tty games" but I love them. The GTA and Crazy Taxi Simpsons clones were awesome as well. I miss licensed Simpsons games.

Teen Titans on the Gamecube/PS2 is another licensed game classic, it has the humor of the show and the voice actors of it. The actual game is just a a generic beat em up but if you like Teen Titans you'll have a ton of fun playing it.

I'll come back to this thread when I remember some more.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote