View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've seen a lot talk about "If I even smell a whiff of far-off cigarette smoke, I'll almost certainly have an asthma attack" and not just here, or from you guys. But in my 35 years, I've never seen anyone ever walk by someone else smoking and burst into an asthma attack. Not once. And I've never met anyone who has actually seen anyone have such happen. I've seen plenty of people say that that's what happens to them, though.

Pretty much seems like it's mostly folks who just plain don't like the smell and want to continue to put smokers further and further into a sin box. Do you really, truly care about the assclown skater's cancer risk who blows by you and gives you a big whiff of smoke? Does that guy's longevity really tug at your heartstrings? Get out of here. No. It doesn't. Don't pretend you care. You just want to not be smelling his nasty cigarette smoke smell and are grasping at reasons why it should be compartmentalized, by any legal means far, far away from you. Because you can, hopefully. And there's been so much "progress" in that way, what's one more push? If something pops up on your voters ballot about "Should we ban 4th hand smoke in truck stops?" you will vote "yes" just because you don't like cigarette smoke and that's the way it'll be.

To be fair, smokers as a "group" are pretty much pansies. Every time there's a big ruckus, they just cede the line. "You need to smoke in the smoking section." "OK, sure!" "Ehh... you can't smoke at all in here now. Nope, not even the bar." "OK, of course!" "Ehh... you need to smoke 20 feet from this entrance." "OK, I completely understand!" "Ehh... actually, you just need to be walking somewhere if you're going to be smoking... full body motion." "Yes, that makes complete sense, yes!" "You know what? You can't smoke in your place at all now." "I can't believe I was doing that anyway, that's perfectly fine!" "Ehhh... pedestrians are complaining, no more smoking in your own vehicle when you're driving." "Consider it done!"

All give, give, give.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-08-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote