View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #103
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They just wanted to start fresh, new voice actors, this is a big budget scooby not the usual home movie scoob or tv scoob and since it's not live action they wanted it to be sure on people's minds that this was another scooby to jump into. I agree completely with the idea and I love the original voice actors but you need to differenciate certain things, in fact I'm disappointed they kept Frank Welker, give Scooby a new voice, it's not like he'll be around forever, he's in his mid 70s and not the original scooby voice either but they probably thought if social media campaigned against them for a voice it would be his so they let him do it.

The problem with this movie is they're trying to do a cinematic universe instead of starting with scoob and it's not like other HB characters fit very well in the scooby series, even in the cartoon continuity we don't have the jetsons show up on scooby. I actually just realized I could've seen the movie for free during work hours for the digital premier but missed the email telling us about it so I guess I'll just wait until it's on some streaming service, don't care enough to even pirate it. Let's see how it does at the box office, I could see it being a huge bomb as it should be or a huge success just cuz there's nothing else to see for new movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Depends. They’ve been retconning some stuff lately, so it could be that they are trying to makes this in continuity.
They're retconning the gang always being teenagers in all of the shows and no paranormal stuff ever happening which absolutely sucks and has ruined many movies/shows because of it I don't see them retconning this. I also feel that as soon as the current people in charge are gone we'll see the gang being experimented on again and allowed to be adults or encounter real paranormal things.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote