View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #133
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, really that Pandora’s box was cracked open long ago. Nick's just the first cartoon to totally go for it no holds barred. lol (Save for the 'holds' required of a "kids show.")

Spoiler:
Not to go off topic for a second, but I'm curious though... Who and where was the first Turtle in any media form to show any obvious feelings toward a human? (Not just speculation or reading into it by reader/viewer.) Was it Leo's crush on Lotus that aired in late 1989 or did Mirage previously jump in with something in its first 5 1/2 years?

Agree though that I likewise doubt this new one will go there (or extremely jokey and vague) if this one is going to be more of a kiddie comedy on a channel like Nick. Betting on more sibling type affection instead. (If there was ever a slight crush/interest on/in anyone, probably a show full of ADD and will be forgotten by the next ep.)
Well, Leo did have an open relationship with Radical on the Mirage Comics, but I believe that was after Lotus so that one stil predates it. Don also had an obvious infatuation with Jhanna on Mirage as well as in 2k3. Later examples we also have Raph on Mirage with Lucinda, 2k3 with Joi and in the 90's movie with April, then there's Mike with April on the 2016 movie.