View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I think it’s pretty amusing that he implies that he has any control over what holiday greeting someone uses.

The fact that he spoke there is disgusting. The fact that he does it in the name of Christianity disgusts and embarrasses me. I know that there are people who think its ok to force morality or legislate morality and do awful things in the name of religion, but damn. The text of Christianity basically says - Look, you guys live your lives civally and don’t hurt anyone. You let me judge who did the wrong thing. -

It isn’t up to anyone to judge what is morally right or wrong in another person. God said so. Leave it alone. Leave people alone. We got more in common than we have differences. Let peole live their lives, damnit!

I seriously feel like I don’t belong here anymore. Anywhere. I see all this hate and vitriol and divisive bullsh!t and it gives me physical pain. I don’t understand this world anymore for real.
You and I both know humanity doesn't get better. That's not the endgame, regardless of specific interpretation.

But I hear ya. And people thought George W Bush was embarrassing...