View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #33
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
As for the unvaccinated "fueling variants", have people not read that the vaccine itself could fuel variants?

A vaccine is supposed to provide immunity to the virus, protect recipients from getting the virus, reduce deaths, infections, circulation and transmission of the virus. Uh....so is this COVID jab even a vaccine at all by definition, if even Fauci doesn't even know if it does the above?
You might well recover alright, as in not have Covid , but if you fancy taking your chances of then living with life long permanent lung, brain, heart, nervous system damage as a result of “long Covid”... feel free to take the Russian roulette non vaccine route. Mate of mine died yesterday after a 14 month long battle against Covid. It absolutely ****ed him up. While an extreme case, any one of the many potential problems he dealt with could happen to anyone else.

To address the two points above. First, if you knew anything about virology (and my late mother in law certainly did, it was her Masters and she worked on finding trigger genes for certain cancers including breast cancer) that yes, a virus has to try and mutate to stay relevant in a vaccinated environment. Thing is, it’s far more readily able to mutate in a non vaccinated system as it has a lot more hosts and greater ability to duplicate and spread.

Second, your questions about what a vaccine is supposed to do. The Covid vaccines certainly do provide immunity. Nobody said 100%, and that actually applies to many other disease vaccines, not just for Covid. It is possible to have both vaccines and still suffer the effects of Covid after, I’ve had two people I know go through it. This also follows on to both getting the virus subsequently and transmission. I don’t know why the fixation on Fauci and his emails, but anyone reading broadly enough will see research pointing to massive reductions in likelihood for both, but again not 100%, which likewise applies to other disease vaccines too.

Basically if you are double jabbed, you can still get Covid, you can still suffer the effects, if you appear symptomatic while having it you can still transmit it, but it’s magnitudes less likely compared to some anti vax tin foil hat wearing non mask wearing naysayer. And breathe...

The sweeping vaccination program here in the U.K. has certainly brought the deaths down, in fact we had 0 deaths one day recently. The new delta variant and the restriction easing is seeing cases rise worryingly, but the hospitalisation rate rises are much lower, and deaths even slower. Still have to work on getting the under 30s jabbed as they are the main sufferers of delta right now.