View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Who's to say Ray (or Herman, but I wouldn't put him as the leader) wouldn't draw a line? What these characters would do in these hypothetical scenarios we don't know the details of depends on a lot of factors. How would Old Hob even be 'overthrown'? Would the Mutanimals turn against him? Would there be a civil war among them? I'd say we genuinely don't know enough to jump to conclusions at this point.

(...)

Lastly, I disagree with the idea that they're going to overthrow Hob. Character development is a thing ever so present in IDW TMNT and he should be the best example of it. I'd say it'd be MUCH more compelling if Hob gave up on the war and managed to forgive the humans for everything they've done to Mutants, to himself, to Slash.
Not overthrown, no, but the Turtles will probably have to take Hob down for whatever it is he tries to do next. It's very, very likely that he will be done as their leader in the near future, after he tries to enact his war-on-humans plan and obviously fails. It might even happen in the course of City at War. But I fully expect the Mutanimals to go on afterwards, and for that they'll need a new leader. The whole team will need an ideological hard swerve after that. That's the point of this whole mental exercise I've been doing.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote