Thread: Revoltech
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #109
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I hope they at least do Splinter, April, Shredder, Karai, Fishface and Rahzar. That is like the core group and it would be cool to get all of those in Revoltech quality. I know with Transformers they did the core characters for both sides so I'll be surprised if they don't do it for the Turtles. Plus they did it for several lines of Transformers (Bayformers, G1) so they might do it for other lines of Turtles too.
You really can't compare the popularity of Transformer to TMNT, especially not in Japan. Transformers is even more popular there then here. It has been running constantly since 1985 there. Even when it's popularity in the US dropped off, they continued to produce their own cartoons and toys. And despite all of that, the Transformers property still has only gotten a few Revoltech releases.

By comparison the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have never really been all that popular there. They had a few lines in the 90's and when it relaunched in 2003, but both died off fairly quickly from what I've seen. The chances of it going beyond just the Turtles is extremely slim.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote