View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #2487
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
Long time no post! *looks for last post*...Really, really long time no post. Sheesh. I've continued to lurk off and on for a long while now, but haven't really had much to post about for a long time, but hopefully that'll change soon enough.

At any rate, I did have a quick question and this seemed like the best place to ask it. I've slowly started to pick up more of the comics again, and finally ordered the fifth volume in the hardcover 'Ultimate Edition' series, which completes my collection of that particular line, readying me to start picking up the paperback 'Classics' releases for other Mirage tales! ...Or so I thought, until I randomly found Volume 6 on Amazon as well.

Looking at the top review here, it looks like this volume is a collection of various short stories that were put out by Mirage over the years. From what I understood, that was some of what the paperback 'Classics' line of releases were collecting (as well as other Mirage issues not drawn by Eastman and Laird). So my question(s) is/are thus - are there any short stories that have only been re-released in this hardcover collection, as in they aren't in the paperback Classics line? And if so, are there any of the paperback Classics line that I would no longer need to pick up due to purchasing this hardcover instead? Basically I'm trying to be as thrifty as possible and not double-purchase any content if it can be avoided. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A lot of the stories in Ultimate Collection Vol 6 are also in Classics Vol 1. But Classics has issue 13 and UC doesn’t.

UC vol 6 has the following and classics vol 1 doesn’t
You Had To Be There
D’Ants Fever
New Comic Day
TechnoFear
Crazy Man
Terror By Transmat!
The Survival Game
The Lesson
Ghoul’s Night Out
Fun With Guns
The Howl
It’s A Gas
Choices
Complete Carnage an’ Radical
Not One Word
Casey Jones, Private Eye
Turtle Dreams
Untitled Nobody Story

UC vol 6 and classics vol 1 share the following
Don’t Judge A Book
New York Ninja
Night Life
Word Warriors
The Road Trip
49th Street Stompers
A Splinter In The Eye Of God?
O-Deed
Junkman
Meanwhile… 1,000,000 B.C.
Bottoming Out

I hope this helps some. I’m still figuring out these reprints myself.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59717

Last edited by TurtleWA; 03-15-2018 at 09:31 PM.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote