The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Music

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Gathering of the Juggalos

Finally decided to cross it off the ole bucketlist and go. Bought my ticket, booked my flight, and meeting a good friend of mine at the airport down there.

I'm very interested to see what kind of shenanigans will take place. I've gone to a bunch of Insane Clown Posse/Twiztid concerts before but this is pretty much the woodstock of that culture so fingers crossed its every bit as nutty as I'm hoping it is.

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
ToTheNines
Banned

Aren't they supposed to be marching on DC this Fall? I'm thinking about setting up a Faygo stand and making some serious cash.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah the Juggalo March is in September sometime I believe.

*shakes head* No good can come of it.

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Old 04-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #4
sdp
<<raver>>

Is the community still young? I don't want to be a Sharon Osbourne but they were huge in the late 90s early 00's but Juggalo related stuff kind of died down alongside nu-metal and other trends from that time.

I'm guessing there's still plenty of fans to have this massive event but with ICP getting older it's just logical for new fans not to really get into them regardless of quality.

I never got into any of those bands but I never gave them a fair shake, ICP can say some really insightful things when describing their fans and music but then say something completely childish. I might be a little too old to appreciate it now but what would you recommend I check out?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:43 PM   #5
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Last few shows I've gone to have been 19+ and the ages went from around there to late 30s. But American shows could be a whole different story.

I imagine the bulk of their fanbase are holdovers from ICPs heyday but there's still a healthy enough younger fanbase to keep the longevity growing. They stated that last year's Gathering was the first year they were able to break even so that sounds like they're still gaining a new following from somewhere.

I'm not sure I can say I can recommend them. At least not in the same way you can recommend any other band. ICP has a pretty unique sound where it's classified as hip-hop but nobody from hip-hop would ever say it is I like them for their immense creativity; each album is like listening to an anthology of mini horror movies. They're chill stuff is pretty good too.

HORROR: Bowling Balls, Falling Apart, Hate Her To Death
CHILL: Homies, Forever, Juggalo Party

Old 04-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

To be honest I want to see what happens at that march more than anything, what happens when Juggalos participate in political protest

I wonder how much of their younger following is ex-Homestucks